Customer demand drives current wave of secure messaging innovations to help hospitals control costs and deliver faster, higher quality patient care
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (March 23, 2016) – TigerText, the secure communications leader in healthcare, today announced its latest innovations for optimizing workflow efficiency and reducing the costs of care delivery. New features such as priority messaging, auto-forwarding, as well as a standalone desktop application help speed the exchange of information and reduce the aggravation clinicians and care teams face when trying to effectively coordinate patient care.
“The healthcare industry is riddled with cumbersome, outdated processes that prolong hospital stays, frustrate care providers, and dramatically spike healthcare costs for patients,” said Brad Brooks, co-founder and CEO of TigerText. “At TigerText, we’re passionate about delivering features and strategies that help our customers find faster, more cost-effective ways to deliver care, resulting in a win-win for all parties – hospitals, care teams, and patients.”
The innovations in TigerText’s Spring ‘16 release are a direct reflection of the company’s commitment to listening and translating customer feedback into useful and relevant product updates. Through the company’s voice-of-the-customer program, key feature requests from hundreds of customers are shared regularly with the product development team, who evaluate and prioritize the most relevant features and then bring them to market.
“TigerText provides us a solid balance of key features and usability. The platform is easy to administer, reliable, and secure,” said Jonathan Slotkin, MD, FAANS, Medical Director of Geisinger in Motion at Geisinger Health System. “We have looked at various solutions – it is TigerText that best balances user needs with the reporting and administration requirements that a larger organization like Geisinger desires.”
TigerText is committed to transforming healthcare communications in ways that reduce readmissions, shorten patient stays, and improve patient satisfaction. These new product developments for iOS, Android, and Desktop platforms include:
• New Desktop App – Access TigerText from a PC or Mac; Self-updating app with built-in alerts
• Auto-Forward – Automatically forward messages to a colleague while in Do Not Disturb mode
• Priority Messaging with Distinctive Ring – Send high-priority messages that stay at the top of the recipient’s inbox and specify a unique mnemonic alert for instant differentiation
• Connection Status Banner – Know instantly when connectivity is low or unavailable
• Rooms – Communicate topics of interest in an internal, community forum
• ‘Active’ Indicator – Identify when a co-worker is present and available
• Spotlight Search by Title and Role (iOS) – Search TigerText contacts using iOS’ Spotlight Search capability
• New Material Design – Navigate faster using Android’s latest design guidelines
• Android for Work Designation – Manage TigerText users with Google’s MDM admin tool
• Floating Action Button – Perform functions and draft messages from a single icon
Other noteworthy improvements:
• Faster Data Transfer Speeds – Messages travel 10x faster with new protocols
• Group Message Status – See Sent/Delivered/Read status for each user in a group thread
• Search and Directory – Look up users by role or find content by keyword
Features showcased in TigerText’s Spring ‘16 release are available today at tigerconnect.com/download.
TigerText is the leader in secure, real-time messaging for healthcare. The company’s encrypted messaging platform keeps communications safe, improves workflows, and complies with industry regulations. Rated by KLAS as the most widely adopted solution, more than 5,000 facilities and four of the top five largest for-profit health systems in the nation rely on TigerText to increase efficiency, drive down costs, and improve patient satisfaction. For more information visit tigertext.com or follow us on www.twitter.com/tigertext.
For press inquiries, please contact:
Director of Marketing
Tel: 310-401-1820 Ext. 316
Sr. Account Manager
TigerText PMBC Group