Getting Call Scheduler’s iCal subscription link into Outlook 2010
If you are tired of schlepping paper around or squinting at a small screen, perhaps your family calendar is also a place for your on-call schedule.
Everyone is on the go. Here’s how to use iCal to sync Call Scheduler into Outlook 2010 so no matter where you are, the family Outlook calendar is accurate. It’s super easy to do!
- Use the Copy Shortcut feature in Explorer to copy the Call Scheduler iCal URL so it is accurate and remains “all one line” when pasted elsewhere.
- Go to Outlook 2010, and open the Calendar views. Then you have two methods of getting the iCal subscription link in.
- In Calendar, on the Home tab, in the Manage Calendars group, click Open Calendar, and then click From the Internet.
- iCal Outlook 2010 nav1
- In the New Internet Calendar Subscription box, click the URL address box, then paste the URL that you copied in step 1. It should end with .ics
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, “Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates”, click Yes.
The calendar opens in Outlook 2010 and a new calendar appears in the Navigation Pane under Other Calendars.
- Go to your Other Calendars area in the Navigation Pane (under the Mail section in the right side-panel)
- Right-click over “Other Calendars” and choose Add Calendar and then From Internet from the displayed choices:
- When the New Internet Calendar Subscription box appears, paste the URL that you copied in step 1. Click OK.
- The calendar opens in Outlook and a new calendar appears in the Navigation Pane under Other Calendars.
Tags: Call Scheduler’s iCal subscription, Sharing On-Call, iCal Subscription, Outlook Subscription