Get ready for HIMSS 2020
Plan ahead to make the most of your time at the HIMSS 2020 Conference
Each year, more than 45,000 healthcare leaders travel from around the world to attend the largest gathering of healthcare professionals. This year, HIMSS is being held once again in Orlando, Florida, March 9-13. The theme – “Be the Change” – signifies the evolution occurring in the health information technology landscape and encourages attendees to reimagine how they can be a part of the transformation.
We’re excited to exhibit and talk with such an impressive and inspiring group of healthcare leaders. We’ll be showcasing exciting new care team collaboration (CTC) capabilities including:
- Patient messaging
- Nurse call integration
- Team collaboration capabilities
- Virtual care/telehealth capabilities
- Cross-facility communication and more
To see our clinical communication solution in action, stop by booth 3379 or schedule a short 20-minute demo with one of our clinical communication experts. Demo times are booking up quickly so schedule your demo in advance to get your free JBL wireless earbuds.
In addition to all the activity on the exhibit floor, here are a few additional tips to make the most of your time at HIMSS 2020:
Get inspired – With more than 300 education sessions spanning 24 topics the HIMSS Global Health Conference has something for everyone. Start planning your educational experience now by reviewing the topics that interest you most. Here are a few sessions we recommend adding to your list:
- Opening Keynote | Tuesday, March 10, 8:30-10:00 am – Hear from the CEOs of Mayo Clinic, and Providence St. Joseph as they discuss digital health transformation and the path forward.
- Market Debut | Tuesday, March 10, 10:15 am – 5:35 pm – Established and startup companies with agile solutions in machine learning, AI, disruptive data, and seamless digital integration programs are debuting what’s next for health at HIMSS20. Don’t miss out on the latest solutions that are paramount to improving the value of health and healthcare IT. Link to more information including a full line up of launches and competitions.
- From Burnout to Engagement: A Community Hospital’s Story | Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 4:00 – 5:00 pm – With clinician burnout at epidemic levels, this interactive session will allow attendees to work with simulated Maslach Burnout Inventory. The session will help attendees identify the root causes of burnout, prioritize the root causes, and develop both organizational interventions and individual interventions.
- Special Keynote Session | Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm – Once again Seema Verma, Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Don Rucker, MD National Coordinator for Health Information Technology for the HHS Office of the Secretary will address the audience at HIMSS. Join for the latest news, views, and information from our policymakers.
- NursePitch™ | Thursday, March 12, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm – In collaboration with the American Nurses Association, HIMSS is bringing NursePitch – a nursing competition, live at HIMSS20. NursePitch is designed to increase the voice, opportunity and visibility of the nursing audience in the digital health ecosystem by holding nurse-led and nurse-developed innovation.
- Two Parties, One Stage: A Bold Fireside Chat with Political Party Leaders | Friday, March 13, 8:30 am – 10:30 am – Former Governors Chris Christie (R-NJ) and Terry McAuliffe (D-VA) will share the stage for a fireside chat with bold discussion around health reform and other pressing issues facing American voters during the 2020 campaign. With sparks flying over candidates’ differing views on healthcare policy, expect to gain valuable insights and unique perspectives from both sides of the aisle.
- Baseball and Analytics Mean Business | Friday, March 13, 1:15 – 2:30 pm – Alex Rodriguez – former major league baseball player now a successful investor and baseball commentator – will close out HIMSS20 with what promises to be a lively and insightful discussion about his successes on and off the baseball field, focusing on baseball to business and analytics.
Find out what others are buzzing about – social media is a great way to get a sense of the pre-conference buzz before you leave for Orlando. Find out what others are talking about or connect with potential contacts that could help you achieve your goals for attending HIMSS 2020. Here are a few influencers and organizations to follow that are typically in the know about the happenings in and around HIMSS that we recommend the following:
- HIMSS – for the latest on all things HIMSS 2020 follows the organization itself! You can follow HIMSS on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram. Also, use the hashtags #HIMSS20 and #BeTheChange to join the conversation.
- @SeemaCMS – Repeat keynote speaker at HIMSS and administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Seema Verma is one influencer you should follow leading up to HIMSS for insights on the latest policy, the shift to value-based care delivery, and more.
- @chrissyfarr – Christina Farr is one of the most prolific and well-researched health and tech reporters out there. She encourages conversation and doesn’t shy away from controversial topics. Follow her leading up to, during, and after HIMSS for an unvarnished look at healthcare IT. Comments on her threads are also very insightful and may help you identify more influencers you want to get to know.
- @RodHochmanMD – HIMSS keynote speaker and president & CEO at Providence St. Joseph Health, follow Rod Hochman, MD for insights and trends in healthcare.
- @Murphy_KMG – Karen M. Murphy is a keynote speaker at this year’s HIMSS and the CIO at Geisinger. Follow her for insights into how one of the leading healthcare systems in the U.S. is driving innovations that improve population health and patient outcomes.
- @nickisnpdx – The Pinksocks movement – focused on promoting human connection around the world by socially supporting other public charities – is in full effect at HIMSS every year. Follow the movement through Nick Adkins who describes himself as a “kilt-wearing pink furry bike riding healthcare MBA.” Join the tribe on Twitter by using the hashtag #pinksocks.
- @BradBrooksTC – Follow TigerConnect’s fearless leader (aka – founder and CEO). Brad shares content regarding the real challenges faced in healthcare communication today and the solutions needed to transform healthcare for the better.
- #HITsm – Participate in a Twitter chat regarding issues in healthcare IT before heading to HIMSS. This is a great way to start connecting with like-minded healthcare leaders and start thinking about what you want to learn at HIMSS20. The chat occurs every Friday at noon.
After-hours networking – In addition to the regularly scheduled program, after-hours parties, dinners, and networking events can be a great way to mingle with like-minded peers in a more casual setting. TigerConnect will be holding our own Par-tee at Topgolf this year, complete with a signature cocktail – “The Tiger Palmer” – exclusive golf swag, and golf competitions. Here are details for networking events to consider while you are in Orlando:
- HIMSS Opening Reception | Monday, March 9, 5 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Valencia Ballroom, OCCC – This event is free to all registered conference attendees and includes interactive entertainment, light bites, refreshing beverages, and all the networking you can handle.
- Cocktails with the TigerConnect Team | Tuesday, March 10, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. Booth 3379 – Grab a drink and a light bite while you mingle with TigerConnect clinical communication experts and peers. We’d be happy to offer you a tailored demo while you’re visiting so you can learn more about what TigerConnect can do for your organization. Reserve your demo slot as this is sure to be a busy hour. NOTE: THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- TigerConnect Par-tee at Topgolf – Join the TigerConnect team and many of your peers for a unique Par-tee at Topgolf Orlando, complete with a signature cocktail – “The Tiger Palmer” – exclusive golf swag, and golf competitions. Swing on by (pun fully intended) for a cocktail, apps, and if you are feeling brave, to compete in our driving competition. Registration is required for this event and space is limited, contact your client success manager or sales rep at TigerConnect for your exclusive invite. NOTE: THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Universal Studios Block Party | Thursday, March 12, 7:30 – 11 p.m. at Universal Studios Florida – Finish HIMSS off right with one of the biggest parties HIMSS has ever thrown. HIMSS has reserved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Diagon Alley™, plus the New York and San Francisco street sets at Universal Studios Florida. The price of entry is $80 before 2/10/2020 and $85 after. Dinner is included. Link to register.
Looking for more information on TigerConnect now? Download our company brochure or book your demo today to see how TigerConnect is transforming healthcare communications, and how it can accelerate throughput, reduce costs, and improve patient care at your facility.
See you in Orlando!